FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

electric plug

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daddywoofdawg
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21 10 12:52 pm    Post subject: electric plug Reply with quote

I have shore power on my trailer and know that with the adapter I have I can plug into 110V but I'm wondering what type of power this has based on the plug The wire says 30amp but the plug to me looks like a 220V dryer type plug here's a typewriter drawing:

\ /
o
Any thoughts? 110V or 220V?
Char grill smoker
Weber kettle
JimmieOhio
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21 10 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See this link:

http://www.frentzandsons.com/Hardware%20References/plugandreceptacleconfiguratio.htm

Your plug is dual rated for 125/250, so the only way to tell for sure what you have is with a voltmeter. Dryers typically have 220 volt phase-to-phase and 110 volts phase to ground in a 3-pole 3-wire configuration.

This is why it is possible to lose an incoming phase of 220 to your house and half the circuits do not work.

"Never criticize a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes. Then, criticize him all you want since you're a mile away and you have HIS shoes."
Louie3
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21 10 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use an adapter cord with a nema 14-30r plug and a STD 3 prong plug for a landline that is used for low load applications such as lights and a fridge on one side of the bus.
For full rated usage I use a heavy 4 wire cord with the 30 amp nema receptacles and my gen.

There a many places you can get adapter cords to suit your configuration.
As per..
http://store.easternmarineoutlet.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.catalog&categoryID=595
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Vending All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: