FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Parking

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Louie3
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20 10 4:01 am    Post subject: Parking Reply with quote

When we are vending we usually park about town where we can find a suitable place with access to power. On the weekends it's easy, we just pull up in front of a office building, plug in and vend. No one has any issues with that so far. (pwr is pretty cheap here)

Do you move about your Town or are you religated to one spot and call it your own?
JimmieOhio
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20 10 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: Parking Reply with quote

Southern Smoke wrote:
When we are vending we usually park about town where we can find a suitable place with access to power. On the weekends it's easy, we just pull up in front of a office building, plug in and vend. No one has any issues with that so far. (pwr is pretty cheap here)

Ouch! If it were my office building, I would call the police and have you arrested!

If you had contacted me as the building owner, I most likely would have given you permission. But who's insurance pays for the fire when my building burns down because you overload my circuits without my permission? Did you think of that?

This is VERY presumptuous and wrong (read: ILLEGAL) on your part... To plug into someone else's electricity without their permission is both theft AND trespassing.

"Never criticize a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes. Then, criticize him all you want since you're a mile away and you have HIS shoes."
Louie3
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20 10 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: Parking Reply with quote

JimmieOhio wrote:
Southern Smoke wrote:

Ouch! If it were my office building, I would call the police and have you arrested!

If you had contacted me as the building owner, I most likely would have given you permission. But who's insurance pays for the fire when my building burns down because you overload my circuits without my permission? Did you think of that?

This is VERY presumptuous and wrong (read: ILLEGAL) on your part... To plug into someone else's electricity without their permission is both theft AND trespassing.

LOL here we go..bouncing conclusions about like some kind of jumping bean...Please Jimmie relax..Thanks
JimmieOhio
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20 10 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: Parking Reply with quote

Southern Smoke wrote:
LOL here we go..bouncing conclusions about like some kind of jumping bean...Please Jimmie relax..Thanks

First, what is funny about something illegal?

Second, why don't you just ASK the business owner for his permission?

Third, what is your answer when "the arresting officer" shows up?

Fourth, I am relaxing. I simply have no tolerance for things that are just wrong.

"Never criticize a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes. Then, criticize him all you want since you're a mile away and you have HIS shoes."
Louie3
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20 10 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: Parking Reply with quote

JimmieOhio wrote:
Southern Smoke wrote:

First, what is funny about something illegal? Not illegal Jimmie

Second, why don't you just ASK the business owner for his permission? Already did Jimmie

Third, what is your answer when "the arresting officer" shows up? The officer usually has the pulled pork special Jimmie

Fourth, I am relaxing. I simply have no tolerance for things that are just wrong.

Boy did you ever get that backarsewards.......we understand the rules, regs, laws, etc, those are a given, we are in business as are the folks we are addressing (or aspiring to) and they would know not to jump off the edge like you did. No harm done Thanks Jimmie...
JimmieOhio
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20 10 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: Parking Reply with quote

Southern Smoke wrote:
Boy did you ever get that backarsewards.......we understand the rules, regs, laws, etc, those are a given, we are in business as are the folks we are addressing (or aspiring to) and they would know not to jump off the edge like you did. No harm done Thanks Jimmie...

No I did not. You mentioned you "just pull up and plug in". You did not mention that you got permission from the building owner.

Very misleading to the newbies when YOU don't tell the whole story.

killswitch505
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20 10 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: Parking Reply with quote

Southern Smoke wrote:
JimmieOhio wrote:
Southern Smoke wrote:

Second, why don't you just ASK the business owner for his permission? Already did Jimmie

Third, what is your answer when "the arresting officer" shows up? The officer usually has the pulled pork special Jimmie

Boy did you ever get that backarsewards.......but no harm done Thanks Jimmie...

LOL What is this the second post and it’s already starting LOL you were a little vague with your post Southern Smoke but when I read it I assumed you did all that because that’s what I would have done (gotten with the owner and asked first) but you have to remember Jimmie may operate that same way so next time you might want to do a very expansive step by step post. This could have been easily solved by asking “hey did you get the owners permission” and not “Ouch! If it were my office building, I would call the police and have you arrested” lol Jimmie you should really read your posts and stop fu%#ing assuming that everyone is out to FU$# the next guy

Last edited by killswitch505 on Tue Apr 20 10 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total
JimmieOhio
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20 10 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still stand by my criticism of the lack of clarity in your original post.

TRUE STORY: The city sent a work crew to do some sewer repair on the street in front of my GF's house. The crew went to the house of her neighbor (a lawyer) and just started using the water out of his faucet. They messed up his patio with cement crap. He called city hall and raised hell.

Your post seemed to convey this same nonchalant behavior. If you had been more clear, for certain I would not have posted.

Have a nice day!

Louie3
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20 10 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Parking Reply with quote

killswitch505 wrote:
Southern Smoke wrote:
JimmieOhio wrote:
Southern Smoke wrote:

Boy did you ever get that backarsewards.......but no harm done Thanks Jimmie...

LOL What is this the second post and it’s already starting LOL you were a little vague with your post Southern Smoke but when I read it I assumed you did all that because that’s what I would have done (gotten with the owner and asked first) but you have to remember Jimmie may operate that same way so next time you might want to do a very expansive step by step post. This could have been easily solved by asking “hey did you get the owners permission” and not “Ouch! If it were my office building, I would call the police and have you arrested” lol Jimmie you should really read your posts and stop fu%#ing assuming that everyone is out to FU$# the next guy

Most folks would ask a question about it first if it sounded brief, pretty poor the first post's in a new section gets this treatment. jimmie's being true to his tagline...lol
Anyway, no problem..so back to the original post..
killswitch505
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20 10 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank god for the jimmies in the world if it were not for guys like this all hell would break loose the world needs cops and superheroes THANKS JIMMIE
Bluegrass BBQ
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20 10 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now if we can get back to the original question. I am trying to establish a permanent location to use. I wouldn't be able to be there every day of the week due to the number of fairs and festivals we do. I set up in Wal Mart lot last year but the center owners are building a new building and I had to find a new place. Will be setting up at Sears lot. A little more out of the way but next to main road. See if people follow us. Advertise in the local paper and hand outs.
Louie3
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20 10 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a permanent place to park, like I said we move to various locations depending on weekday/weekend, It's a small town so not hard to miss our bright yellow trailer..I am planning to post to facebook to advise where we will be on a particular day though.
Forkin Pork
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21 10 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm not gettin involved in any legal stuff on this one. But here in Stamford, Ct.
Things are tuff for street venders and they aint much better when it come to fairs and stuff.
All I want to do is sell real good simple BBQ, something aint one tried or tasted up this'm way.

Ceritfied KCBS Judge
Weber Silver. ECB, UDS
Up Graded Backwoods Party w/GURU
2011 Lang 84 Deluxe
VMAN

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21 10 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not have a small quiet generator...then you can be anywhere anytime?
Bluegrass BBQ
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21 10 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would consider any suggestions on a generator. I just hate to run a generator 24 hours for four days. It doesn't take long to spend a lot of money in gasoline. I have an ice maker and a hot holding cabinet in my supply truck I run plus my trailer.
killswitch505
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21 10 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluegrass BBQ wrote:
I would consider any suggestions on a generator. I just hate to run a generator 24 hours for four days. It doesn't take long to spend a lot of money in gasoline. I have an ice maker and a hot holding cabinet in my supply truck I run plus my trailer.

man i sell generac and the only real reason for this is we build cell phone towers and SBA (ALLTEL) wanted generac standby on their towers but i have fell in love with their portable's the warranty is outstanding and when they need warranty if your local retailer is good they will be jonnie on the spot with a loner while yours is being worked on because generac warranty pay is great if you tell me what loads you have (microwave deep freezer and such) I will suggest one for you
smokin Jim
BBQ Super Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21 10 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just going to start vending this year. I live on a hwy that leads to "cottage country" and there are 3 restaurant in town, with one that shuts down for the summer (don't ask). So as I live on a "commercial" property and my trailer is a licensed kitchen, I am going to vend right outside my front door. I had better ask the wife if I can plug the trailer in, as she pays the hydro bill Laughing Laughing but I think I will be all right. I plan on vending Fridays for the traffic going into the park and on Sundays for them returning home. Saturdays I am keeping open for catering.
VC5007 gasser
KCBS CBJ
daddywoofdawg
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21 10 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard the honda gens are good too.I'd like to get a gen but someone stole my money tree! maybe by july.I have been talking to a couple of property owners about using space and my first choice I can't get a yes or no yet on and the other one is talking to his lawyer it see liabilty issues but thinks if he just lets me use it he may be better off.Well see.
Char grill smoker
Weber kettle
killswitch505
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21 10 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daddywoofdawg wrote:
I have heard the honda gens are good too.I'd like to get a gen but someone stole my money tree! maybe by july.I have been talking to a couple of property owners about using space and my first choice I can't get a yes or no yet on and the other one is talking to his lawyer it see liabilty issues but thinks if he just lets me use it he may be better off.Well see.

i wish you luck my friend and dont worry about the genny the honda's are great as well
Louie3
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21 10 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokin Jim wrote:
I am just going to start vending this year. I live on a hwy that leads to "cottage country" and there are 3 restaurant in town, with one that shuts down for the summer (don't ask). So as I live on a "commercial" property and my trailer is a licensed kitchen, I am going to vend right outside my front door. I had better ask the wife if I can plug the trailer in, as she pays the hydro bill Laughing Laughing but I think I will be all right. I plan on vending Fridays for the traffic going into the park and on Sundays for them returning home. Saturdays I am keeping open for catering.

That sounds like a good situation Jim..good luck with it...I still cater too but I enjoy vending more... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Vending All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: