FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BBQ Pro Barrel Smoker

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angio333
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04 10 11:26 pm    Post subject: BBQ Pro Barrel Smoker Reply with quote

I just bought a BBQ Pro Barrel Smoker with offset fire box. Its my first "smoker" with a firebox. Its a good gill;/smoker to get me through the next two years or so (when I get a better one).

I put iot all together last night, and then found a problem as I was puting in the last part, the warming racks. The predrilled holes for the warming rack don't line up. One is 3 to 4 inches lower then one on the other side. So, I"ll be taking it back for a new lid. Hopefully, I'll get it replaced and running for next weekend.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07115897000P?keyword=smokers
Angio333
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08 10 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When smoking full chickens, how far should I open the chimney and the exhaust in the fire box?

Is it the same for chicken quarters?

Thanks.
day_trippr
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08 10 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should always keep the exhaust wide open, control the cooker temperature with the air intakes, and use a strategically placed thermometer to monitor the cook chamber temperatures.

For chicken, I like to cook at fairly high heat - between 325-350F. Get your rig fired up and use the intake controls to get the temperature settled down in that range and you should be good to go...

Cheers from the Bahamas!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: