FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

smith and wesson 357 revolver
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael B
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Feb 25 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did someone say "Next"?

308 Winchester
KMoss
BBQ Fan

I would take it to a gunsmith. I won't have a gun that doesn't work properly. My Ruger security six .357 and S & W - M & P .45 work perfectly.
WestTnbum
BBQ Fan

Try and find some of the older Smith and Wesson 357 police turn ins. I have tow that are Colorado HP model 19. They are the sweetest shooting guns I have, check you local gun dealer or check out gun broker or buds guns.
springfield xd .40
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Feb 26 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to go with the springfield xd .40 in a 4".

Shooting 155gr hornady xtp's @ 1200fps that works for me. Never had any issues. I shoot well over 2000 rds a year.

a custom reverse towable pit
patio offset char griller
the classic weber
www.easttexassmokercompany.com
www.lyonsmeatsmn.com
erniesshop
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Feb 27 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Have a Colt King Cobra With a 4" barrel Shoots Great , However My Daily Carry is a Smith and Wesson .40
Can't Beat a 14 round Clip........
The Wife Carries 1 of these......And Loves It !

http://www.taurususa.com/video-taurus-judge.cfm
Poppa's PTL Club
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Feb 27 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ruger sp101 is nice, but is pretty heavy (to avoid feeling like the nun is slapping your hand every time you fire it like I do when I practice with my S & W airweight .38 ).

I find that if you don't mind the size and weight of the sp101, the Taurus Judge is a much better carry piece. It's similar in weight and size to the Ruger with a better round, especially .410 00 Buckshot. If you insist on a handgun for home defense, it's hard to beat.

More importantly, make sure you get trained and practice often so that if you ever do have to shoot at someone, you'll hit them. The short barreled pistols should be thought of more like a very powerful punch in my opinion; they're just too difficult to get accurate with without a lot of range time.

Personally, I carry my XD 9mm in an inside the pants holster and find that it's not intrusive at all. Also, the 16 round clip keeps me from having to carry reloads (although 1 round should be enough).

Michael B wrote:

Self defense guns:
You should never use hand loaded ammo for a self defense firearm.
Lawyer for the dark side: "Let me see if I have this right. Plain old factory ammo was not DEADLY enough for you. YOU had to load up special extra-deadly, murderous, assassin ammo. What kind of sick fiend would do that?"
Using anything with the term “Magnum” is equally bad.
Lawyer for the dark side: "So you weren’t happy with a regular defense gun like a .38 or even a 9mm like the police use, were you? No! YOU went out and bought a murderous extra-deadly “MAG-A-NUM” assassin’s gun. …”

Answer:
I absolutely carry the round I find most capable of stopping an attacker. I've had a carry permit for 20+ years and never once even had to pull my gun, but always carried it in case I was attacked. I go to the firing range at least twice a month to ensure that I know how to hit what I'm aiming at and am thankful when I was finally attacked that I had the training to hit him and the round to make sure he stayed down. I never wanted to fire in the first place, but the assailant gave me no options.
whitey
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Feb 28 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hand Canon..

S&W 686.4' barell.S.S.

Personal carry..

Chicken Throwdown Champ..2010..
Almost the Biggest Liar on the "Ring"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: