FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new and opening a bbq place help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
happy daze

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12 10 3:16 pm    Post subject: new and opening a bbq place help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

i need info bad i have been looking at a southern pride smoker gas over wood is this a great smoker i own a stock car track and a bar i am going to seel the bbq at both locations and if goes over good enough i have another building on a major highway i am going to put a sell only place there now i am in arkansas and i have a man that is well known in mo. that smokes imho the best ribs anywhere he has promised me he will train me with his recipty but he uses a pit smoker i am a very busy man i do not have time to babysit the fire temp i need a smoker that can do all it can do all the bells and whistles what kind do i need and where can i get one would i be better off with a new onw or a good used one help i am only going to sell ribs, sasage, pulled pork and chicken i am thinging baked beans, slaw, homemade rolls, homemade pies help and am i pretty much on line here for what i am wanting to do i would gladly acept calls on this matter from someone that has expertitze in this matter thanks wayne tidwell 479-970-0160
BBQMAN
BBQ Super All Star

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12 10 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the ring Wayne!

Lots of good information here on cookers for commercial use, I'll dig up the links.

Good description of what you are looking to do, and what your cooker needs are.

The short answer is the SPs are very good units.

A good used one would also be a fine choice assuming you have some basic mechanical skills (which I would think you have if you own a racetrack).

Very little to actually break down- I would talk to the owners that have had them awhile and get a few spare parts that over time you could expect to wear out or break.

I would also look at Ole Hickory products as well.

There is more of a learning curve keeping BBQ hot and fresh than with most other foods.

Make sure you buy units that are provided with a hot hold feature- they don't all have it.

Best of luck with your venture!
BBQMAN
BBQ Super All Star

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12 10 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some good practical stuff here, along with some amusement value as well:

http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25069&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Good review of the OH CTO which for a smaller add-on like what you propose might work out just as well as a larger unit, and save you some $$$:

http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26646

http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21276
MICHAEL STOUT

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05 10 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont mean to but in but I am makeing a bbq cocecion trailer to use in new york state were do I find out were to get the code info or HD
allsmokenofire
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05 10 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MICHAEL STOUT wrote:
dont mean to but in but I am makeing a bbq cocecion trailer to use in new york state were do I find out were to get the code info or HD

Start with your municipal or county health department. This link might help:
http://www.health.state.ny.us/nysdoh/lhu/map.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Commercial BBQ All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: