FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BBQ PitMasters Reality Program
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBQMAN
BBQ Super All Star

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05 09 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great show- loved it!
JamesB
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05 09 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kurtsara wrote:
This must have been the comp where Myron's team was competing somewhere else also and had to forfeit the win because according to KCBS rules a team can only compete at one contest at a time under the same team name and he is not listed as the winner on the KCBS website.

Yep, this is the one where him and his cooking partner split up and cooked 2 contests on the same weekend. It was appearently just a clerical error in that they had already entered the other contest before the Mequite TLC thing came up and he used the same team name on both entries... When the mistake was made, he requested that Jacks Old South be withdrawn from both contests and all of the other positions moved up the ladder one rung.

Here are the notes from the KCBS board meeting concerning the matter.

September 09, 2009

The following motion was made by Steve Ownby and seconded by Merl Whitebook

"The KCBS Board is hereby requested by Myron Mixon of Jack's Old South competition cooking team, whom upon discovering an inadvertent error in registering for two contests on the same date, under the same name, and to further the Spirit of BBQ competition and the Creed of KCBS that the results of each contest be modified to award the Reserve Grand Champion in each case the Grand Championship, and all other places be corrected accordingly. Jack's Old South wants to do do what is right and honorable thing.

Myron Mixon stated he made a mistake in filling out his applications and he is sorry for that. Jack's Old South was meeting an obligation and promise he made to a friend and organizer of the Myrtle Beach, SC contest several months ago. After that the TLC BBQ Reality Show came along and it was a fast paced deal. Myron Mixon never intended to get or want points from two contests. The KCBS Board stated Myron Mixon has never done anything but promote BBQ and KCBS and other BBQ events. Myron Mixon and Jack's Old South is a team of integrity that loves BBQ and the competition and will compete by the rules of any organization and abide by those rules.

Vote:
11 yes, 0 no, 0 abstentions
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06 09 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kurtsara wrote:
This must have been the comp where Myron's team was competing somewhere else also and had to forfeit the win because according to KCBS rules a team can only compete at one contest at a time under the same team name and he is not listed as the winner on the KCBS website.

KCBS

Overall:
1 Sweet Peppers
2 Smokin Triggers
3 Cool Smoke
4 Pellet Envy
5 Santa Ynez BBQ
6 Jerry King, Midland, Tx
7 Brazen BBQ
8 TheSlabs.com
9 Twyford BBQ and Catering
10 Otis and the Bird
11 R & R BBQ
12 Slap Yo' Daddy BBQ
13 Texas Rib Rangers
14 Iowa's Smokey D's BBQ
15 McFrankenboo BBQ
16 Jambo Pits
17 Oh Kay Cee's
18 Rhythm 'N Que
19 Them Ohio City Boys
20 QN4U
21 OOPS
22 Tropical Heat
23 Mad Max's BBQ
24 Big O's BBQ 2Hot4U
25 Wood Chicks BBQ
26 The Pit Stop BBQ
27 Toys 4 BBQ'N
28 BBQ Bullies
29 Rib Tickler BBQ
30 Smokin Goatheads
31 Britts Barbecue
32 The BBQ Nerds
33 Notleyque
34 Eureka BBQ Crew
35 Barbeque Heaven
36 One Smoke Over the Line
37 The Arizona Kid
38 Here Piggy Piggy BBQ Tea
39 Smokin Dead Meat
40 Mesquite Heat
41 Casual Smokers
42 Tommy's Texas BBQ
43 Team Grinder
44 When Pigs Fly BBQ
45 F. Rogers BBQ
46 Pablo Diablo BBQ

YEAH we were # 32.... out of 47 Embarassed
SmokinOkie
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07 09 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kurtsara wrote:

KCBS

You are correct, his teammate was also competing and Myron returned the check and the standings were adjusted.

The problem with this is that the producers failed to mention that fact.

Guess them showing Myron being a stand-up guy would tarnish the bad boy image they're trying to make for him.
SmokinOkie
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08 09 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry Nutczak wrote:
Why don't you fecking morons re-read my post!
And then go f--k yourself with with a pickle on a stick

Done, I re-read it.

Harry Nutczak wrote:
Louie wrote:
BBQ Pit Masters Debuts tonight on TLC...Lets hear your comments after the show.... Laughing Wink

Do we measure up !!!!! Rolling Eyes Wink Wink

9:00 P.M. CST, the previews look less than interesting to me though, all I have seen is "backyard yahoos talking smack" in the commercials. Hopefully I can make it through 15 minutes or more without throwing something at the TV.

Wow Harry, get back on your meds. You called everyone in that show a backyard yahoo, what did we mis-read?

And are you saying your comments are from commercials, you haven't even watched the show?

Now you're calling everyone here names.

What part of your post is supposed to be informative?

Just stirring up the smack, like you always do.

I'm with Marv on this one, are you and Myron related?
marvsbbq
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08 09 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SmokinOkie wrote:
Harry Nutczak wrote:
Why don't you fecking morons re-read my post!
And then go f--k yourself with with a pickle on a stick

Done, I re-read it.

Harry Nutczak wrote:
Louie wrote:
BBQ Pit Masters Debuts tonight on TLC...Lets hear your comments after the show.... Laughing Wink

Do we measure up !!!!! Rolling Eyes Wink Wink

9:00 P.M. CST, the previews look less than interesting to me though, all I have seen is "backyard yahoos talking smack" in the commercials. Hopefully I can make it through 15 minutes or more without throwing something at the TV.

Wow Harry, get back on your meds. You called everyone in that show a backyard yahoo, what did we mis-read?

And are you saying your comments are from commercials, you haven't even watched the show?

Now you're calling everyone here names.

What part of your post is supposed to be informative?

Just stirring up the smack, like you always do.

I'm with Marv on this one, are you and Myron related?

I USED to think (couple of years or so back) that with Harry's vast experience in the food industry (working in restaurants), that he would have a lot to contribute to this forum and I would actually like to MEET Harry...someday. Shocked Shocked Shocked

I have since come to my senses and I hereby retract that train of thought Shocked Shocked and am wondering if Harry's restaurant experience wasn't so much slaving over a stove as maybe it was slaving over the dish washing machine. Laughing Laughing Shocked

There are quite of few folks here on the forum that I would truly like to meet...someday, but those folks have demonstrated positive attitudes and/or remarks (posts) here on the forum and I admire them for that and their knowledge of barbecue and the art that lies within.

Harry has (long ago) fallen out of that category.

Your thoughts may vary, mine do not.. Shocked
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08 09 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know something Marv. You sure talk a ton of smack when you are armed with so little knowledge.
A few years back I thought you actually may have known what was going on in the world of food service, and that you may have had some talent.
But over the last year, year and a half you have proven to me that you do not really know a whole heck of alot..
Basically, you just got lucky! and you your luck is based on the fact that you reside in a market that is willing to eat your mediocre offerings at an astonishingly inflated price.

Who was it that called you a shyster when you were bragging about the prices you charge for your niggardly portions?
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08 09 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry Nutczak wrote:
Ya know something Marv. You sure talk a ton of smack when you are armed with so little knowledge.
A few years back I thought you actually may have known what was going on in the world of food service, and that you may have had some talent.
But over the last year, year and a half you have proven to me that you do not really know a whole heck of alot..
Basically, you just got lucky! and you your luck is based on the fact that you reside in a market that is willing to eat your mediocre offerings at an astonishingly inflated price.

Who was it that called you a shyster when you were bragging about the prices you charge for your niggardly portions?

Only you Harry, could use such a word in reference to fellow caterer. By using such a dispicable word in this post reveals a lot about who you are as a person and just what your frame of mind is all about...

Your racist stench makes me want to vomit...!!
LIAR #100
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08 09 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roxy wrote:

Only you Harry, could use such a word in reference to fellow caterer. By using such a dispicable word in this post reveals a lot about who you are as a person and just what your frame of mind is all about...

Wow , roxy, I would have guessed you to be a little more intelligent than you have just shown, I guess I was wrong.
Why don't you look up the meaning of the word and get back to me on that.
roxy
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08 09 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry Nutczak wrote:
roxy wrote:

Wow , roxy, I would have guessed you to be a little more intelligent than you have just shown, I guess I was wrong.
Why don't you look up the meaning of the word and get back to me on that.

I do know the meaning of the word already and I also know just who would use it before I flamed you dude. For the very reason is also why you chose to use that word Harry.. It is a cleaver way for you to use the "N" word in context and get away with it. But the thing is.. By your choice of adjective you have revealed yourself for who you are because there are a hundred words you could have chosen to use but you chose to use that word..

YOU f--k!IN RACIST>>>!!~!!!!
LIAR #100
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08 09 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/niggardly

Why don't we all move back from the insults, the left and right of this argument need to take two steps back or the big stick will start to fall across the board.

Cease and desist, everyone!

I still work here!
sseige
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09 09 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can move the dang thing over to comps not a part of it has to do with catering

Gasser!
Louie3
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09 09 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sseige wrote:
You can move the dang thing over to comps not a part of it has to do with catering

No man it has tons to do with catering, it's all about bbq.....

Roxy,
According to Soezzy's definition, Harry can certainly post his opinion, maybe not politically correct but I think it wasn't mean't in the tone you took it in.. what he said is inline with some of the stuff that gets shotblasted around, some folks just like to press buttons, just like in the program, must be part of the biz.. Wink

Now lets belly up to the bar and have a beer, that feller Soezzy has a big stick and he likes to use it..eh.. Laughing
Oregon smoker
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09 09 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW...just read the whole thread.
You guys realize it is TV right, then you realize this is the internets right...

What Cluster-f00k this became.

In marvs defense he has some iinfo that is handy and has helped me. In harrys defense he has helped me out with a ongoing project that i wouldnt have asked anyone else.

Just so you know the catering section has become the joke of the SR cause of this exact BS.

Have fun guys...
BBQMAN
BBQ Super All Star

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09 09 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I could not agree more!

Quote:
Just so you know the catering section has become the joke of the SR cause of this exact BS

I could not agree less!

This is still the best place on the planet for valid BBQ catering information.

This thread just ain't it, see comment above.
Louie3
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10 09 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBQMAN wrote:
Quote:

I could not agree more!

Sorry man I disagree (imagine that Wink ) This is applicable to catering as much as it is anywhere else on the SR,
It's not about the comps, thats old news..it's about the inside stuff
heck we could even pick up a tip or two..like whats wrong with lighting your charcoal with vast quanities of lighter fluid...or see the fast track method or don't leave home without your spare tire... Rolling Eyes Wink
Oregon smoker
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10 09 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBQMAN wrote:
Quote:

I could not agree more!

Quote:
Just so you know the catering section has become the joke of the SR cause of this exact BS

I could not agree less!

This is still the best place on the planet for valid BBQ catering information.

This thread just ain't it, see comment above.

Actually a lot of this has to do with catering.

With the amount of info on the web today people do research.
If it were me i wouldnt be hiring anyone from this thread because of their less than professional behavior and sniping of other members.

And yes this part of the forum has become a joke and is made reference to in that manner. It also is the sole reason why some people dont ever post here anymore. You professionals should all be proud Shocked .
tonyg
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10 09 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon smoker wrote:
And yes this part of the forum has become a joke and is made reference to in that manner. It also is the sole reason why some people dont ever post here anymore. You professionals should all be proud Shocked .

yep
Louie3
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10 09 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon smoker wrote:
Just so you know the catering section has become the joke of the SR cause of this exact BS.

Have fun guys...

Yep it sure does have everything to do with catering.
Barbecue catering is a demanding physical occupation. Most folks here are full time caters and some are part time. Iíll tell you if youíre out there on a daily basis cooking barbecue particularly in todayís volatile markets and hectic situations you are a person of grit and determination. This speaks volumes of the profession and the professionalism of its workforce.
It ainít easy bud so if we get a few slags, bleeps or arguments going for us or against us once in awhile so what!!

Ain't no reason to hide, I'd bet if we where all in the same bar we'd have a few beers and a jolly good time...If you think hard work is a joke..well have a laugh on us but join in too we might all just learn something too.. Wink

Itís a Barbecue forum not a Quilting Bee.

We might be rode hard and put away wet, but we dang know how to have fun.. Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink
Louie3
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20 09 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muffin Pan Chicken now there's novel idea.... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Catering All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: