FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Q'ers Near or in the Fort Hood Texas Area: Updated READ
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toontroller

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24 09 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will be making the trip as well.
Ryan Chester
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25 09 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Ron wrote:
I was going to offer to donate some rub for this, but I see Hendrick is the sponsor so i am sure he has it covered. Not too far from me so i will get with the wife and see if we can donate our time to go help cook.

Big Ron - Im sure your rub would be greatly appreciated and put to good use. I also shipped out a bunch of RUB last week from The Rub Co. but since they are cooking for 60,000 people so im sure they could use more.
www.therubco.com
StickPigBBQ
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25 09 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if I had a little more lead time I would def do it. As a US soldier allow me to just say thanks to all you fellas for supporting the troops and taking the time to be selfless and donate your time and services to the troops. Ill pass the word around to the bbq community around here and see if anyone can go help out. Thanks again fellas and GOD BLESS!
Rojellio Es Caliente
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25 09 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could pick up, and go to Texas to help out. I did make a donation, and passed the word on at some other forums.
JamesB
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25 09 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's confirmed. I will be there with a team of 6 and most likely will be bringing 3 pits.
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27 09 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just remember i am going hunting that weekend some guys at work want to go hunting so i have to take them but i really wish i could go
txfireguy2003
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27 09 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm close and willing, but I work on the 10th until 0800 on the 11th. I did, however, send an e-mail to my buddy who owns the pit to see if he can get the Friday off, take the pit out there Thursday night and get going so that I can meet him there on Friday....I hope I can attend and assist. If my team cannot go, I'm willing to help on the 11th if anybody is short a body, I follow directions well, just let me know.
Toontroller

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03 09 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those still following this thread, several of us recieved this E-mail today.
Just got this e-mail from the Base our services are not needed. Sorry for all the hard work you people put into this.

Del

Food Service
We have reached our volunteer strength for our food service. Our menu will only consist of TYSON pre cooked products and Chopped BBQ from HEB Mobile Kitchen and the Carnival Food Booth Concessions that USO Bucks will pay for. I do not wish to introduce raw food of any kind into this venue. I appreciate all the generous offers to do so , however we need to be able to manage the food we already have donated. As good stewards we must try and use the food we already have committed and not have excess waste. With all servings that we have committed totals 185,000 portions. Unfortunately we will not be able to take advantage of the generous offer from BBQ for Troops. I truly hope USO has the opportunity in the future to work with them.

Food Service
USO Fort Hood Volunteers
16 Wal Mart Food Handler Volunteers
3 Domino Pizza Volunteers
20 Gatesville Fire Department
USO Houston
16 Volunteers
25 Texas Beef Association

Total Food Pit Volunteer 80

SOP Food Service:
All volunteers will require to have their food handlers certificates completed no later then December 4, 2009 and emailed to Lucia Cater by close of business December 4, 2009.( this will come in a separate email). Volunteers need to wear head gear ( Baseball hat) No jewelry of any kind and closed toe shoes. This is a 9 hour shift with no shift change. Breaks will be handled by Food Service Coordinator WAGS
Please complete the spreadsheet attached. This must be filled out completely for me to be able to get gate passes in advance and create crew rosters for WAGS Spreadsheet is due Friday December 4th 2009 at 4:30 pm
JamesB
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03 09 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, what a bummer that they couldn't get all parties to agree... on anything.
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03 09 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, just got the email.

--Dan

Sorry here is the latest they don't need us. They have all the help they can use.

Del

Food Service
We have reached our volunteer strength for our food service. Our menu will only consist of TYSON pre cooked products and Chopped BBQ from HEB Mobile Kitchen and the Carnival Food Booth Concessions that USO Bucks will pay for. I do not wish to introduce raw food of any kind into this venue. I appreciate all the generous offers to do so , however we need to be able to manage the food we already have donated. As good stewards we must try and use the food we already have committed and not have excess waste. With all servings that we have committed totals 185,000 portions. Unfortunately we will not be able to take advantage of the generous offer from BBQ for Troops. I truly hope USO has the opportunity in the future to work with them.

Food Service
USO Fort Hood Volunteers
16 Wal Mart Food Handler Volunteers
3 Domino Pizza Volunteers
20 Gatesville Fire Department
USO Houston
16 Volunteers
25 Texas Beef Association

Total Food Pit Volunteer 80

SOP Food Service:
All volunteers will require to have their food handlers certificates completed no later then December 4, 2009 and emailed to Lucia Cater by close of business December 4, 2009.( this will come in a separate email). Volunteers need to wear head gear ( Baseball hat) No jewelry of any kind and closed toe shoes. This is a 9 hour shift with no shift change. Breaks will be handled by Food Service Coordinator WAGS
Please complete the spreadsheet attached. This must be filled out completely for me to be able to get gate passes in advance and create crew rosters for WAGS Spreadsheet is due Friday December 4th 2009 at 4:30 pm
Ryan Chester
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04 09 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats too bad, this would have been a cool event. I hope the fire department keeps and enjoys all the rub I sent.
www.therubco.com
StickPigBBQ
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04 09 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well fellas its too bad that it didnt work out but its the thought that counts on this one. I think that its awesome that the ring generated the support to do this out of the kindness of your hearts. Keep up the good work fellas and God bless!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: