FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Meat Slicers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grampyskids

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24 09 6:12 am    Post subject: Meat Slicers Reply with quote

Have been looking for a new slicer for about a month now. The good thing about the internet is all the available info. The bad thing about the internet is too much info. My brain went into overload trying to make a decision. I think that I read too many reviews. Well yesterday I hit the delete info button on my forehead and decided to wing it. I ordered a KALORIC brand slicer. Reviews seemed positive but the deciding factor was that it had a 200 watt motor. Now does anyone own this brand or have any expereince with it?

Last edited by grampyskids on Tue Nov 24 09 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Rojellio Es Caliente
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24 09 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you already have a Slicer knife??

One of these http://www.knifeworks.com/forschnerslicergrantonblackfibrox12in125inwidthatthehandle.aspx

You can slice pretty thin. AND the clean up time is well under the 30 minute mark. Not so much with the machine.

I loaned mine to my Neighbor to slice the Butt Bacon I cured & smoked for them. She liked the Butt Bacon well enough, to substitute it for Prosciutto ... and she sliced it every bit as thin.
grampyskids

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24 09 7:09 am    Post subject: Slicer vs Knives Reply with quote

I have only the best of knives and I keep them razor sharp. I have had a Wusthoff slicing knife with the graton blade for 30+ years. The problem is with my hands, I have arthritis and my hands lock up. That's why I went to a slicer.
Rubit
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24 09 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best think I can tell you is buy the one with the stiffest fence that fits in your budget. As you might guess the stronger the fence the more expensive the slicer. Sturdy fence means uniform slices.
Tank smoker wood burner
Tank Charcoal grill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: