FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swingbelly's Beachside BBQ Long Beach, NY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
empnero
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28 09 2:39 am    Post subject: Swingbelly's Beachside BBQ Long Beach, NY Reply with quote

Living on Long Island, one of the biggest problems in getting decent BBQ. Most of the places that claim their food is BBQ either grill some chicken and smother it in sauce or boil and broil their ribs and saturate it with a disgustingly sweet sauce which has more honey than bbq. Don't get me wrong, there are a few decent places on the Island and a bunch in Manhattan, but it usually requires a decent amount of travel time. Swingbelly's on the other hand is 15 min away in Long Beach, over on the West End.
I can't explain how impressed I am with this place. Surrounded by little bars, sandwich shops and a few pizzerias, Swingbelly's is in a league of its own. Their food is perfectly smoked. I ordered everything dry rubbed with sauce on the side. The brisket was juicy and tender, nice smokey taste. No sauce needed. The ribs were really good with or without sauce, rub was awesome, great smoke penetration, not fall off the bone, but very nicely cooked. Pulled pork was pretty good as well, didn't get pieces of bark in it, but still tasty. They serve it with Texas toast if you get a platter. Their smoked brisket cheese steak is great as well. The wings (or sWings as they call them) are actually whole big wings, not little buffalo wings. Again, they're smoked and dry rubbed, but you can get them sauced. Good juicy meat inside of that delicious rub. Rib tips were also very good some pieces were perfect texture others good but not quite perfect.
Now the sides. Unfortunately the onion straws were only available as an appetizer, but they are good if you like that kind of thing. I hear the pickle chips are excellent but did not have a chance to taste. What I can comment on was some very good cornbread, very tasty sweet potato fries and some beans that had healthy pieces of brisket and quite a kick to them.
It was amazing especially considering the lack of anything else remotely decent in the area. With no true competition they still bring their A game. I absolutely loved their food and I'm obsessed with the brisket, only place that makes it just like mine MMMMmmm. I will be returning their again soon, at the latest once the weather gets too crazy for my to hold temps well on my own smoker or I just don't have the free time as the case was recently.
SigSauerNY
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16 10 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Swingbelly's Beachside BBQ Long Beach, NY Reply with quote

im gonna check it out - sounds awesome
SigSauerNY
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16 10 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its all that it sounds like - once the owner shook my hand I mentioned I read the ad here, he sat down with me and explained his setup, process, methods, and his food - what a great place and good food.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> BBQ Restaurant Reviews All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: