FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


THERMOMETERS

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dan33



Joined: 01 May 2006
Posts: 6
Location: Columbus, Ohio

PostPosted: Tue May 02 06 6:23 am    Post subject: THERMOMETERS Reply with quote

I need a website or recomendation for a good remote thermometer for measuring the temp in my smoker.

Thanks,
Dan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CHRIS 1237
BBQ Fan


Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Posts: 229
Location: PA

PostPosted: Tue May 02 06 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look up the Maverik ET-73.

Chris
_________________
"Gonna ramble on, sing my song. Gotta keep-a-searchin' for my baby...
Gonna work my way, round the world. I can't stop this feelin' in my heart
Gotta keep searchin' for my baby. I can't find my bluebird!"--Led Zeppelin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Whipper
Newbie


Joined: 06 Apr 2006
Posts: 92
Location: Sudbury, ON Canada

PostPosted: Tue May 02 06 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A real favorite is the Maverick ET-73 Redi-Chek Wireless Remote Smoker Thermometer. It's got two probes - one to monitor the internal temp of the meat, and another to monitor the temperature of your smoker.

Ric
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dan33



Joined: 01 May 2006
Posts: 6
Location: Columbus, Ohio

PostPosted: Tue May 02 06 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input guys. I just ordered it and can't wait to try it out!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wnkt
BBQ Super Pro


Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Posts: 1329
Location: Upstate South Carolina

PostPosted: Wed May 03 06 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just used my Maverick ET73 this past weekend and it works like a charm!

It was REAL nice to sit inside and not have to go out and check the dial thermometer on the smoker every once in a while.specially since I have to go up and down 4 steps every time!!
All I had to do was walk by the door and see if there was still smoke coming out...other than that I waited till the temps started falling to actually go OUT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steve-O
BBQ Pro


Joined: 31 May 2005
Posts: 747
Location: Dallas, TX

PostPosted: Wed May 03 06 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the ET-73 and love it. My only knock is that the on switch is inside the battery compartment and it's difficult to program. If it ever breaks I'll look at the weber and a couple others.
_________________
"BBQ may not be a religion in Texas, but the two institutions are closely associated."
- Robb Walsh "Legends of Texas Barbeque Cookbook"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mding38926
BBQ Super Pro


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 2244
Location: Lake Ridge, VA

PostPosted: Wed May 03 06 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve-O wrote:
I have the ET-73 and love it. My only knock is that the on switch is inside the battery compartment and it's difficult to program. If it ever breaks I'll look at the weber and a couple others.


I agree that is a pain in the butt......on the other hand, I still love my ET73
_________________
Dinger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mwill2



Joined: 22 May 2007
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Wed May 23 07 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone recommend a unit OTHER THAN the Maverick ET-73? Mine has failed twice after only three uses. It is also difficult to use and flimsy. I treated mine like gold but it still broke (the on/off switch snapped off).

I like having the two probes in one unit, but I'd sooner use two different units than buy another ET-73.

Any other recommendations for remote thermos?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Suzy's Q
Newbie


Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 68
Location: Accokeek Md.

PostPosted: Wed May 23 07 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am gonna look into those but what want to know is what thermometers to mount into ( or on to) my smoker
_________________
All in good time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Marky C
BBQ Pro


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 501
Location: Delaware

PostPosted: Wed May 23 07 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mwill2 wrote:
Can anyone recommend a unit OTHER THAN the Maverick ET-73? Mine has failed twice after only three uses. It is also difficult to use and flimsy. I treated mine like gold but it still broke (the on/off switch snapped off).

I like having the two probes in one unit, but I'd sooner use two different units than buy another ET-73.

Any other recommendations for remote thermos?

I have a Taylor 1474 remote cooking thermometer only one probe, but it has worked really well for me atleast 2 yrs now. Max temp is 393.
Good on batteries and range is pretty good. http://www.partshelf.com/taylor1474.html
_________________
Kill a cow, Start a fire ...
The magic begins.

2 Drum Smokers
Traeger Texas
CharGriller
22" Weber Kettle
Portable Sportsman Gasser
Sizzle Q Griddle
1 Hot Rock
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Marky C
BBQ Pro


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 501
Location: Delaware

PostPosted: Wed May 23 07 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I just found it here also, looks like a bargain. I may just order another myself.http://www.truevaluecloseouts.com/servlet/the-28/TAYLOR-1474-Cooking-Grill/Detail
_________________
Kill a cow, Start a fire ...
The magic begins.

2 Drum Smokers
Traeger Texas
CharGriller
22" Weber Kettle
Portable Sportsman Gasser
Sizzle Q Griddle
1 Hot Rock
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mwill2



Joined: 22 May 2007
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Thu May 24 07 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marky C wrote:
mwill2 wrote:
Can anyone recommend a unit OTHER THAN the Maverick ET-73? Mine has failed twice after only three uses. It is also difficult to use and flimsy. I treated mine like gold but it still broke (the on/off switch snapped off).

I like having the two probes in one unit, but I'd sooner use two different units than buy another ET-73.

Any other recommendations for remote thermos?

I have a Taylor 1474 remote cooking thermometer only one probe, but it has worked really well for me atleast 2 yrs now. Max temp is 393.
Good on batteries and range is pretty good. http://www.partshelf.com/taylor1474.html


Thanks, I'll check it out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBQMAN
BBQ Super All Star


Joined: 13 Jun 2005
Posts: 15474
Location: Florida

PostPosted: Thu May 24 07 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tel-true makes a great temp gage too! Very Happy
_________________
BBQMAN
"I Turned A Hobby Into A Business".
Providing "IMHO" Since 2005.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
slickwillie



Joined: 09 May 2007
Posts: 5
Location: Albany, OR

PostPosted: Sat May 26 07 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suzy's Q wrote:
I am gonna look into those but what want to know is what thermometers to mount into ( or on to) my smoker


Is this more like what you're looking for?

http://www.mireurbbq.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=BPBGPT&Category_Code=3inchDial

I plan on using a couple of these on mine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Smoke Fiend 24/7
BBQ Fan


Joined: 17 May 2007
Posts: 169
Location: Dublin,CA

PostPosted: Wed May 30 07 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Maverick ET-73 and so far so good I love it I the rfirst one I got was defective would not read temp at all then exchanged it for another one and was pleased with the success of gaugeing my temp. Good Times BBq Cool

Smoke Fiend
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group