FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New At Catering

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mitchellenator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28 05 2:33 am    Post subject: New At Catering Reply with quote

I am trying to get started catering. I have been doing BBQ as a hobby for 10 years. I know my BBQ is good, but I do not know where to start, to drum up business. Any helpful pointers would be nice.

Thanks in advance.
pARTYCOOKER
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sat May 28 05 12:10 am    Post subject: CATERING BUSINESS Reply with quote

I do part-time BBQ catering. I just started about 4 months ago and I have 6 jobs booked for this summer already. I just got a business license, called and got an ad in the phone book for next year and made up some business cards and then hosted a huge BBQ event as a grand opening type thing as a marketing tool. Invited everyone throughout the town that I somehow corssed paths with as I got by business started. Ofcourse I made a itemized list of things that I need for my mobile business. Keep a log of my recipes, and clients and what else, I could go on for hours.

Biggest challenge is time management. Having to order my meats 2 weeks in advaance and staying organized and thorough with my plans.
If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

Here is my web-site.

http://www.hillcitybbq.com/

Cheers.
BBQMAN
BBQ Super All Star

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16 05 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with your new business! It takes time to get started. I advertise in the local Yellowbook, run a web site, e-mail, and network with other like minded business' like wedding planners, party planners etc. Lots of great info on the web. Word of mouth is still your best advertisement, and that just takes time and expierence! Prompt customer response, on-time service, and great food will take you far! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Catering All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: