FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where to post vending???????

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Where to post about vending
catering
35%
 35%  [ 7 ]
commerical
45%
 45%  [ 9 ]
other
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 20

Ridge View BBQ
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12 09 8:53 pm    Post subject: Where to post vending??????? Reply with quote

I know it pizzzes some folks off when we post vending stories in the catering section,and some when we post in the commerical.. So where should we post?? Any ideas??
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12 09 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted "Other" as you can post them in either section and I'll be happy, if you post them somewhere else that would be sort of silly, but there are catering stories in the commercial section, and commercial stories in the catering section, there are catering stories on the general section, and even some in the introduction section.

At the end of the day if you try and make a logical choice, but put a thread in a place you feel it doesn't belong, let me know and I'll move it where it does belong, (this is for your OWN threads, NOT for someone else's threads)!

I still work here!
BBQMAN
BBQ Super All Star

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13 09 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I agree with SoEzzy, and of course have been guilty of using/doing both.

Doesn't bother me one way or the other...........................

Now there are certainly some things that do (bother me) but that would be a whole new poll! Wink Razz

Some of us do some of both, or have had similar experiences that don't fit neatly into one or the other category.

With the exception of our seasonal market, I use vending to promote our catering. Oh my, what now? Razz

Catering IS a Commercial activity, and Commercial activity does involve Catering, or does it not?

I'm so confused now, thanks Jim! Very Happy
Virginia Q
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13 09 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question Question Idea
BBQ Man Is a caterer who vends and we are vendors who cater. Does this mean that we should post different in sections?? Oh no now I am confused too Smile

p.s. I know that this was a pretty pointless post but I am trying to finally get my 100th in so I am no longer a "newbie." I mean, I cook and sell 1,000 + lbs of meat a month out of an 8 x 13 x 7 trailer and a Lang 84 and have got to be at least a "bbq fan" by now. Laughing
Killer cabinet smoker.
Ridge View BBQ
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15 09 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virginia Q wrote:
Question Question Idea
BBQ Man Is a caterer who vends and we are vendors who cater. Does this mean that we should post different in sections?? Oh no now I am confused too Smile

p.s. I know that this was a pretty pointless post but I am trying to finally get my 100th in so I am no longer a "newbie." I mean, I cook and sell 1,000 + lbs of meat a month out of an 8 x 13 x 7 trailer and a Lang 84 and have got to be at least a "bbq fan" by now. Laughing

Yeah it does get confusing doesn't it. 1,000lbs of meat a month,heck they should slid you right up to BBQPRO LOL... Come on man 6 more post! You can do this!!!.. I posted awhile back about my friend who just sold his wing place and how he had kept a sign posted of how many pounds he had sold. In 5 years it was something like 280,000lbs.and it was just a little Mom and Pop place!! No wonder he sold the restaurant and retired.
Jim
Wells Cargo 20' Concession Trailer w/porch 24"
Virginia Q
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16 09 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your encouragement. I think with with patience I may just end up with six more irrelavant things to say if I really concentrate. However 6 is such a daunting # I just might get overwhelmed. Crying or Very sad

Oh, Wait, with this post it makes only five more needed Smile . I can do five more. Laughing

Okay Back to topic, This weekend a gentleman who frequents out trailer every weekend at least once on the guise of doing research for a rehearsal dinner that he wants us to cater asked me if I thought we were were busy enough for me to quit my day job and do this full time. This man has stood in the 10 - 20 minute line we almost always have and he knows that we almost always sell out in three to four hours and has even been one of the many who wait too long to come down to see us only to find out that we have no more food. What he sees is a small food establishment that is open for 12 hours a week and he thinks it must be a supplemental job. I am not quite sure he could fathom it when I told him that this was my day job and that it takes a 70 hour work week (both for me and my wife) to do it (we slow cook and do all sides daily without using carry over from day to day, throw in shopping days as our food service company here is not reliable, weekly cooker and trailer cleaning and modifications, and receipe development etc..).

Now the real question is, is this a catering or vending topic as the gentleman comes to us as vendors to get us to cater Question Laughing

"In 5 years it was something like 280,000lbs.and it was just a little Mom and Pop place!! No wonder he sold the restaurant and retired."

Retired? Got worn out is more like it! That is a lot of wings Exclamation
Killer cabinet smoker.
chef_hog
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17 09 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not start a Commercial Vending section since there are a good number of members that do this and members that want to start a vending operation. This could become the reference point for those folks and for those of us that do Catering and Vending we could post to the forum that relates.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Catering All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: