FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super Bowl Weekend

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chef_hog
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02 09 8:07 pm    Post subject: Super Bowl Weekend Reply with quote

Well we had a good Super Bowl Weekend, at the location I did a Special Package for customers (Grilled Smoked Veggie Tray, Smoked Chicken Wings, ABT's, Pulled Pork Sliders, and Memphis Baked Beans) I got the flyer up later but did sell several. Sunday was busy with a line 3 deep from 12:30 until 4:30 (of course it had to be the weekend that I cut labor the help to try to save cost) Sunday pulled in a little over $800 and Saturday pulled in almost $600 average check was at around $19.73 per customer. There were alot of big orders we went through 10 butts, 3 Briskets, 20 # of Potato Salad, 25# Cole Slaw, 10 # Macroni Salad, over 120 ABT's, 6 dz wings, 6# of chicken pulled chicken , 6 dz hush puppies. All in all I was happy with the weekend
BBQMAN
BBQ Super All Star

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02 09 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is great news Steve- glad that business is picking up for you!
Ridge View BBQ
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03 09 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad payday there buddy,thats festival pay w/o the travel and high rent (good profit margin)! Hopefully they will keep coming back.I'm rootin for ya Steve........Jim
Wells Cargo 20' Concession Trailer w/porch 24"
chef_hog
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04 09 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks BBQman and jjsinglespeed,

I'm hoping the same going forward I have picked up a Ruritan dinner for 40 people its there monthly dinner for February and April, and The local Rec Department has asked me to vend at its soccer tournament in March for 2 days (they estimate that about 5,000 people come in for this and I'll vend at the largest site w/1500-1800 people).

Its just been a slow go of it right now and of course I would decide to open the business during this lousy economy.
BBQMAN
BBQ Super All Star

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04 09 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad that you are getting some side jobs out of your vending location Steve. I hope to do the same.

We are struggling (it's our third week) at our new location to get the numbers up.

I've been making expenses, and paying my boy, but that's about it........................

When my friend Tom passed out the flyers, he also left a brochure for catered events at the same time.

It took two whole seasons at our market for things to take off, and there is potential, so I'm hanging in there!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Commercial BBQ All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: