FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Used restaurant items....Alto Shaam 1000-TI-I

View previous topic :: View next topic  
browe
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07 09 6:00 am    Post subject: Used restaurant items....Alto Shaam 1000-TI-I Reply with quote

I'm involved with a small group that is buying a storage unit with some used restaurant equipment. I can get various items for hundreds of dollars instead of thousands because of the way it is being sold. These are the items I am potentially interested in:

Alto Shaam 1000-TI-I
2 Vulcan Full Size Convection ovens
Delfield Undercounter frig
Delfield Undercounter freezer

What is the Alto Shaam used for? Currently I cook most of my sides and my breads in a convection oven at my commissary. Is this a big warmer or something more? For my larger cooks, could I cook on my OHP and put into this to hold while cooking more?
chef_hog
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07 09 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alto-Sham is a slow cook oven when I worked in the hotels we used it to cook steamships, top rounds, or any of the heavier cuts of meat. It allowed you to be able to cook at 225 degrees overnight to minimize shrinkage. It a great Item to have in the kitchen or commisary, I also believe that they make a smoke box/gun that you can use to add smoke while you cook.

www.alto-shaam.com/ProductFiles/1000-TH2.PDF

Go to that link and it has the cut sheet for that oven
browe
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07 09 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chef_hog wrote:
Alto-Sham is a slow cook oven when I worked in the hotels we used it to cook steamships, top rounds, or any of the heavier cuts of meat. It allowed you to be able to cook at 225 degrees overnight to minimize shrinkage. It a great Item to have in the kitchen or commisary, I also believe that they make a smoke box/gun that you can use to add smoke while you cook.

www.alto-shaam.com/ProductFiles/1000-TH2.PDF

Go to that link and it has the cut sheet for that oven

I think this is the cut sheet for the one I can get:

http://www.alto-shaam.com/ProductFiles/37a_1000-TH-I_0108.pdf

Depending on how the other items go, I might be able to get it for close to free.
mutha chicken bbq
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07 09 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always try to help any ringers that I can, So you just let me know when you would like me to have that baby shipped to my house! Wink Laughing

Nice score.

KCBS CBJ
www.galvinell.com
www.realdealbbq.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUcTvhyof8I&feature=related
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08 09 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never ever pass up an Alto-Shaam, they are great cook & hold ovens that create a high moisture environment and are great for holding cooked foods at a safe consistent temperature
browe
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08 09 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry Nutczak wrote:
Never ever pass up an Alto-Shaam, they are great cook & hold ovens that create a high moisture environment and are great for holding cooked foods at a safe consistent temperature

Harry...is there any type of meat, side, or bread that it doesn't do well with? I would use it to cook my sides/breads and then hold them. I would also use it to hold meat I smoke in my OHP.
Harry Nutczak
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08 09 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could use the Shaam as a makeshift proof box to raise your breads, But I would not try to bake them in it.

it is more of a low & slow oven with holding capabilities.

I personally do not like the way many things cook in a Shaam, Yes shrinkage is less, but!

I can turn out a better porkloin from a regular oven than a Shaam can produce. But the Shaam is great for hot-holding.

I like starting things at higher heats and less moisture, then taking it down in temp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Catering All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: