FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cooking, eating BBQ and then getting a stomach bug
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce B

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14 08 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I could have pretty much done without the "brown water shooting out my hind end" description. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hope you're felling better soon.

Bruce

Secretary, Great Lakes BBQ Association
Member, Rubbed, Smoked and Sauced Comp BBQ team
KCBS/CBJ #55356
22 1/2" WSM
2 18 1/2" WSM's
22 1/2" Weber Kettle
Oregon smoker
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14 08 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

been there done that way too many times. ive had food poisoning 3 times. its been about 6-7 years since the last incident. as far as stomach bugs and spraying from the rear end its been about a year. nasty stuff to say the least.
Tom C
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14 08 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk to your doctor about getting on Prevacid of something comparable for the acid reflux. I was waking up in the middle of the night gagging and thinking I was having a heart attack until I starting taking the stuff. It kicked it right in the butt! I still get heartburn now and then but nothing a tums can't knock.

As for the food poisoning, I had a bit of that once from a French dip sandwich a few years back. Kids told me I sounded like a bear in the bathroom. Thank God the tub was next to the pot because I was a virtual fountain. Both ends at the same time! Oh man I was sick
Embarassed
lantern
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14 08 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brokeneck wrote:
Talk about emberassing, try walking into a lab and handing a warm bowl of poo to one of the hottest chicks you have ever seen in your life. I just dropped my head, handed her the bowl, kicked the floor, turned, and walked out.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

BEST.... DESCRIPTION .... EVER!

You should have seen me after being rushed to the hospital from "A normal trip to the family doctor" only to remember when asked to drop trou by the hot radiologist that I was rolling commando that morning. The extra small maroon polka dot gown didn't do much either. Nothing like being damned near completely naked on the Xray table while the girl grabs the inside of your thigh to "position" you for the next shot. Repeat that about 10 times and you'll get the picture at how much will power was needed to get through that ordeal!!! Laughing
Diva Q

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14 08 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Wink

OMG too funny.
Traeger Lil Tex
Weber OTG Weber Performer
WSM x 3
Frosty
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18 08 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We tend to associate the illness from whatever we ate most recently. However, most food ( bacteria) illnesses take 48-72 hrs. to manifest, thus, the wrong food often gets blamed.

I got sick on spaghetti ( so I thought at the time)...the "brown water" turned crystal clear & lasted 4 whole days. I couldn't look at spaghetti for 2 years,yet, I really doubt the spaghetti or sauce was to blame.
mhoodnc
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19 08 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mix raw eggs and habaneros, with some ipecac that will clean it out.
cruzado_xxi
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19 08 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eat more fruits...banana and apples have done marvels for me.

(Dont worry, is in english also)
Nate_bone
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19 08 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same thing with a homemade chicken caeser salad. I had grilled the chicken, basting it with caeser dressing till it was perfect. My girlfriend prepared the rest of the salad, and it was fantastic. Until about 1 am. And then all bets were off. I thought I'd never leave the bathroom. Girlfriend's description of what she heard was something involving a moose. Took me two solid years to be able to think about caeser salad without convulsing. I still haven't quite made it to eating one. Ugh. The worst part is, I know it wasn't the salad, cuz she was fine. I have no idea what I caught, but the taste from revisited salad was pretty vile so that's what I associate it with.
loomis1228
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19 08 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nate_bone wrote:
I had the same thing with a homemade chicken caeser salad. I had grilled the chicken, basting it with caeser dressing till it was perfect. My girlfriend prepared the rest of the salad, and it was fantastic. Until about 1 am. And then all bets were off. I thought I'd never leave the bathroom. Girlfriend's description of what she heard was something involving a moose. Took me two solid years to be able to think about caeser salad without convulsing. I still haven't quite made it to eating one. Ugh. The worst part is, I know it wasn't the salad, cuz she was fine. I have no idea what I caught, but the taste from revisited salad was pretty vile so that's what I associate it with.

Poor moose. that's funny.
"The Bone Barrel"--Weber Smoky Mountain
Hasty Bake Surburban
Weber Performer
Weber Gas
whitey
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20 08 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The brown water thing is funny as hell. It isnt something I would talk about around the smoker,but funny as hell descirption. Hope you feel better.In the future keep us posted on what problem with body functions you might have. Get well!!!
Chicken Throwdown Champ..2010..
Almost the Biggest Liar on the "Ring"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> General BBQ Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: