FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My first smoked meatloaf, (I screwed up)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tidbit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01 08 7:23 am    Post subject: My first smoked meatloaf, (I screwed up) Reply with quote

I got my first smoked meatloaf on, lookin' good. Smile About 45 minutes into it I went in to the kitchen for a, uhh, drink, and guess what I see. The dang breadcrumbs that were supposed to be in my meatloaf Embarassed Oh well, we'll see how it turns out. Guess the dogs gotta eat too. Crying or Very sad
Alien BBQ
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01 08 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did one this weekend and it wanted to fall apart due to the large chunks of vegetables my boy used in the recipe. However it was not a total loss. I mixed it with mashed potatoes on the plate and have come up with a really, really, great dish!
Tidbit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01 08 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turned out good after all. Between the wife and I, 4 kids and my Mother-in-law, my "screwed up" 4lb meatloaf got completely wiped out. Smile Everybody loved it. I was hoping for some leftover for sammys tomorrow Sad (I love cold meatloaf sandwiches.) PS, You guys were right, there will never be another meatloaf cooked in MY oven.
Jeff_From_VA
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04 08 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bread crumbs are there to keep things moist, makes it very forgiving... Almost pureed, super fine diced carrots, garlic and onion will do the same to meatloaf

Kinda like the massive amounts of fat God gave us in pork butts.

Cook it right and bread is not needed at all. Looks like you already found this out Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Beef Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: