FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stuffed Tomatoes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WBOGGS
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16 07 2:58 am    Post subject: Stuffed Tomatoes Reply with quote

Oh these are good!!!

I basically followed the Meatloaf recipe at the bottom minus the tomato and I sautaed the veggies and loose meat making a stuffing mixture with cheddar cheese added.

Pecan smoke and cooked between 230 and 245 for about an hour. They hold together pretty well though as you would expect the skin is very fragile. Next time I will add some bacon to the stuffing and I ran out of cheese to dress the top but this was great. Obviously by the picture in the smoker you need to prop them up pretty good since then drain out if they fall over.

See Photos:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=5ssed67.i8iypnz&Uy=-uwxp2e&Ux=1

Recipe I followed:

Old-fashioned Meat Loaf

1 pound ground beef
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
1 egg, lightly beaten
8 ounces canned diced tomatoes with juice
1/2 cup bread crumbs

Add the egg to the finished stuffing mix after the meat and vegies are cooked.
WAsmoker
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25 08 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggs,

I'm not a big tomato guy and am going to do this recipe using green peppers.

My question is ........ "I basically followed the Meatloaf recipe at the bottom minus the tomato and I sautéed the veggies and loose meat making a stuffing mixture with cheddar cheese added."

So, did you completely cook the meat before stuffing and putting in the smoker?
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26 08 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WAsmoker wrote:
Boggs,

My question is ........ "I basically followed the Meatloaf recipe at the bottom minus the tomato and I sautéed the veggies and loose meat making a stuffing mixture with cheddar cheese added."

So, did you completely cook the meat before stuffing and putting in the smoker?

Welcome to the forum WAsmoker!

Sautee the veg and loose meat, (cook it completely), before mixing and stuffing, etc.

You are not likely to get a reply from WBOGGS, as he hasn't posted in here since November last year.

I still work here!
WAsmoker
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26 08 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply. Found the site several months ago, and have been able to continue to impress my friends and family with all the great recipes and tricks I have found on the site!!!!! Can't wait to try this one tomorrow. Cool
SoEzzy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26 08 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome! Wink

I still work here!
WAsmoker
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Fri May 02 08 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just my attempt at a different version using green peppers instead of tomatoes.....

I used a basic meatloaf recipe. I diced up 4-5 slices of bacon and about half of a large yellow onion, two cloves of garlic, diced and sautéed them. Added the cooked onion, garlic and bacon to the hamburger and diced up one small tomato mixed all together. I had about half of a cup of shredded mozzarella in the fridge, so I threw that in too.

Stuffed the mix into the hollowed out peppers and threw them onto the Traeger at 250 degrees for about 2 hours till the internal temp came up to 160 degrees.

I did end up poking a few holes around the base of the peppers to allow the grease to drain out. They came out great, a new family favorite. A little more cheese next time, but other than that they were wonderful.

First post with pictures, hope they make it....

[img]
[/img]
[img]
[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Beef Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: