FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has anyone done business with BBQ Bonanza (KCK.com)?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beachsands

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17 08 9:37 am    Post subject: Has anyone done business with BBQ Bonanza (KCK.com)? Reply with quote

Was wondering if anyone here has had any dealings with Bob Eickhoff who runs a web site called BBQ Bonanza featuring Kingfisher Cookers.

I have narrowed it down to a Kingfisher BK Kombo or a DDP Fat 50.
I am aware of Travis Creek's reputation, but am wondering about the other individual aforementioned.

Joel
allsmokenofire
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17 08 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Has anyone done business with BBQ Bonanza (KCK.com)? Reply with quote

beachsands wrote:
Was wondering if anyone here has had any dealings with Bob Eickhoff who runs a web site called BBQ Bonanza featuring Kingfisher Cookers.

I have narrowed it down to a Kingfisher BK Kombo or a DDP Fat 50.
I am aware of Travis Creek's reputation, but am wondering about the other individual aforementioned.

Joel

Travis is a great guy indeed. I've never met or dealt w/ KCK.com....but I sure do like my Kingfisher. Wink

Either way, you'll be getting a dang good cooker...there are worse things in life!
OkieJay
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17 08 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allsmokenofire nailed it.

I am the DPP dealer for the Central US and the owner of the first ever Fat 50. It is a great cooker and a great value.

I have also hung out with Allsmokenofire and have seen his Kingfisher up close and working well at many competitions. A very good cooker as well.

Can't go wrong with those choices, both will serve you well for many years.

Jay
beachsands

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17 08 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply guys. Mostly I was wondering about the reputation and reliability of the dealer. Which made me think of another question.

I would love to have one of each but my wife would kind of frown on it. lol

When you order a pit from these dealers do they have a legal contract that you get for the deal? When you are going to lay down 5,000 smackers I don't want any whoops showing up.

Thanks, Joel
LibertyMO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17 08 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only know what I have read about Kingfishers, but those who own them seem to like them.

I've dealt with Bob down at KCK. Great guy and great service. We ordered 12 thermometers from him as well as handles for the cooker we built. Bob cut us a great deal for the package. He is very knowledgable and was a pleasure to deal with.

If you are in the area, you can stop buy his store in KCK and he will show you anything you want to see.
Travis_Creek
BBQ Pro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17 08 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never put down more than 25% when ordering a cooker. Builders should only want money down to make sure you are committed, not to buy material. If they ask for more, beware.

We give a quote which explains what you are getting, never really done a legal contract, but i would sign one if requested to. Not a lawyer, but I believe the quote is just as good.
allsmokenofire
BBQ All Star

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17 08 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beachsands wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply guys. Mostly I was wondering about the reputation and reliability of the dealer. Which made me think of another question.

I would love to have one of each but my wife would kind of frown on it. lol

When you order a pit from these dealers do they have a legal contract that you get for the deal? When you are going to lay down 5,000 smackers I don't want any whoops showing up.

Thanks, Joel

IMO, here's the difference. Travis will build the cooker you buy, Bob will sell the cooker you buy.

If you buy a cooker "off the rack" that has all the features you want, it doesn't hurt to buy it from a salesperson. If you need/want some custom features, or want some advise from someone who actually helped design/build the pit, maybe Jay or Travis could provide more advise/insight than Bob. Also...did I mention, I really like my Kingfisher? Very Happy You really can't go wrong w/ either cooker, IMO.

....again, just my opinion. Wink
yndio
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18 08 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually live a stones throw away from KCK.com Bob is awesome to deal with, have bought thermometers and smoking wood from him. My only holdup on getting the kingfisher is the whole rotisserie and electricity thing. If I went the route of getting a unit with double doors I was looking at a lot of clams as compared to the DPP fat 50 I chose with just about every option available plus some I still came out to be a little under what one of those units would have cost me.
That is how I made my decision
Yndio
beachsands

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18 08 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yndio,
Do you remember what model that double door unit was?
I would like to take a look at it.

Joel
yndio
BBQ Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19 08 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beachsands wrote:
yndio,
Do you remember what model that double door unit was?
I would like to take a look at it.

Joel

here's a link although now I see I went a little over what the price is asking for my dpp...... Wink

http://www.kck.com/bbq/info/big_k.htm
MountainMan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21 08 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought a smoker from Bob.

What a great guy!!!!!!!!!

I will buy from again.
beachsands

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22 08 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mountain Man, Thats good to know !!

Joel Very Happy
EastTennQcrew
BBQ Super Pro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23 08 8:52 pm    Post subject: ? Reply with quote

Joel,

I had the unit your talking about. I had it for 2 1/2 years. The link to the kck site now calls it the competiton unit.

With the rotis on one side and the grill on the other. Best of both worlds.

The fire box in the center can be accessedfrom both sides, good for starting a fire and cleanup later. Good control of fire, also has a water jacket above for adding steam and keeping food moist. I always used mine. But some don't use it. Yhe top of the fire box works well as a warmer, and I have also cooked bean there.

The rotis does a very good job. No hot spots, the meats cooked evenly from end to end. When full the dripping action of the meat makes for some great que.

The grill side has a removable fire tray, which allows for adding coals without moving the meat. The cooking surface has two levels. there is a gate which can be opened and closed so the grill side can also be used in smoking.

The overall unit is well layed out and self contained. I sold mine to get more cooking space (500 lbs), and less tending of the fire. I really enjoyed my unit, and if I was looking a another stick burner. It would be at the top of my list.

RandyE
toys4dlr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25 08 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not ordered a cooker, but I did order three Tru-Tel thermos from Bob last thursday. I call that afternoon on Thursday and had them in my hands on Saturday morning in AZ.

His service and price was great. Jenny called my to take the credit card info and it was a done deal.

Stump's GF 222 CM
BGE XL on a home made cart
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Cookers All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: