FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ceviche

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Seafood Recipes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kotso

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19 07 1:03 am    Post subject: Ceviche Reply with quote

I discovered this in during a trip to Costa Rica. Ceviche is raw fish that is "cooked" by marinating it in lime juice. Almost every central and south american countries has its own way of doing it but I do it the Costa Rican way. It's so good and easy to make. Makes a good fresh apetizer or snack to have on the side of the pool on a hot summer day.

Ingredients:
1lb of firm white meat fish
1 small onion chopped
1clove of minced garlic
3-4 branches of fresh cilantro, chopped
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp of whole pink pepper
Juice of 8 limes (freshly pressed, not the nasty bottle stuff)
optional: 1 handfull of fresh shrimps or small scallops

Mix all ingredient together in a glass or ceramic plate (no aluminium or other metal) and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigirate and let marinate for at least 4-5 hours before eating. Mix a few times during marinating.
kotso

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19 07 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i forgot 1 small red chili pepper (about 1" long) chopped
parkers5150

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23 07 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey kotso, you gotta trust me on this one! all you ned to do is add Ketchup, yes i said Ketchup (trust me) to your recipe and you'll never go back. add it as your final ingrediant after the marinating process is complete,add it to your liking for consistancy and flavor. Also if you can get your hands on some fresh albacore tuna it might be the only thing you ever wanna eat. enjoy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Smoke Ring Forum Index -> Seafood Recipes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: